Tritiya Sopan Requirements
1) Camp Craft:
(i) Whipping other method than by the one done in Pratham Sopan.
(ii) Draw hitch, Fireman’s chair knot, Man harness knot and splicing-eye, back, short.
(iii) Pitching, striking and packing a tent or improvise shelter enough for two persons to sleep in.
(iv) Make a Trestle and a rope ladder with the help of another Scout.
(i) Swim 50 meters.
(ii) Know the safety rules of swimming and
(ii) Know hoe to prevent, minimize and deal with muscle cramps.
Earn one of the following Proficiency Badges:
(i) Athlete (ii) Camel Man (iii) Climber (iv) Gymnast (v) Hiker (vi) Games Leader (VII) Yoga
(i) Estimate any given two heights/depths not more than 30 mtrs.
(ii) Two weights not more than 2 kg.
(iii) Two different types of things in number. (Items such as coins, marbles, biscuits, etc.
4) First Aid
(i) Treat for shock, fainting, chocking.
(ii) Deal with simple fracture of arm, collarbone and jaw fracture.
(iii) First Aid for cases of drawing and electric shock.
(iv) Demonstrate mouth to mouth resuscitation.
(i) Map Reading, knowledge of scale, conventional signs, contours and grid references. Be able to read a tourist map or Survey of India map and follow a given route or lead a person.
(ii) Map Making: Triangulation, Plane Table and Road Traverse methods.
(i) Demonstrate use of knife and axe and their safety rules.
(ii) Build two Patrol Pioneering Projects and demonstrate their uses.
7) Participate in an overnight Troop camp.
8) Hike: Undertake with another Scout a cycle hike for 30 kms. And submit report to the Scout Master within 10 days. A Hike on foot with another Scout for 10 kms, and submit a report to Scout Master within 10 days.
A Hike on foot with another Scout for 10 kms, and submit a report to Scout Master within 10 days.
9) Cooking: Cook in the open, meals enough for four persons.
10) Plan and participate in Patrol Expedition.
11) Participate in a night game.
12) Signaling: Send and receive a message through Semaphore code containing at least 25 words.
13) Quality for any two of the following Proficiency Badges one from each group:
i) Civil Defense ii) Community Worker iii) Pioneer iv) World Conservation
i) Citizen ii) Book Binder iii) Naturalist iv) Path finder
14) Complete any one of the following and prepare a log book.
(i) Talk on National Integration to your Group.
(ii) Talk in a Troop Campfire or tell the story of a Prophet.
(iii) Discuss in your Patrol-in-Council how Scouting develops National Integration.
(iv) Lead your Patrol to a nearby place of historical/social/religious or industrial importance and discuss about, what it speaks of.
15) Show the knowledge of Scouting in India.
16) Serve as Dwitiya Sopan Scout for at least 9 months.